And at exactly 1230pm, I went to pick her up. I kinda peeked in before actually going into the classroom and saw her eating at a little table. It was so cute. But as soon as she heard my voice, she whipped herself around towards me. The teachers said "shes one of the only kids that eats her peas and carrots, but loves her fruit." Yup, thats my girl! They also told me she loved outdoor time and she only cried on and off here and there. They said it should get better with time. I'm thinking next time may actually be harder because she'll realize I'm leaving her. But I think this will be good for her. Overall, the first day was pretty good.
Getting some pics of Mackenzie with her backpack on was impossible, but I have many, many years to perfect the "first day of school" photo.

1 comment:
Yay, way to go! Glad she had a great day. You are right about the next drop off, but if it's the right place you'll know within a few weeks. Sounds like a great situation for you guys.
Post a Comment