Yesterday afternoon I got a call from the furniture store telling me Mackenzie's new bed and dresser are in! At first I was excited, then I realized all the work we still need to do to get both Colin and Mackenzie's room ready for the transition! Of course I called Brian right away and he had all these plans to make the change last night! I know my husband pretty well, (he has all these ideas and then it usually takes him longer than anticipated to do them) so I tried to calm myself down and think, theres no way we can rearrange all that in one night. Well, sure enough, after dinner, he got right to it. So, out went the crib and in came the queen size (yes, queen size) mattress! For those of you who know us, I'm sure you've heard about our "queen vs full vs twin sized bed" debate. In the end, Brian won...
Anyway, so after all the rearranging, it was bath time. So we went ahead and did bath and storytime as usual and I tried to remain calm and collected the whole time. We put her in the bed and said our "night-nights" as usual and shut the door. I quickly ran downstairs to get a couple things done, knowing I'd be up in her room in just a few minutes. But we didnt hear one peep...Brian rode the elliptical as usual, I checked my email, went back downstairs for a snack and water, came back up, Brian showered, still nothing...I was just anticipating a rough night. Well guess what...she ended up sleeping from 830pm-645am without a peep! I remember waking in the middle of the night and wondering when is she going to cry? I almost couldn't sleep! My little girl was "okay" in her "big girl bed."
And for those of you wondering the details...I did put pillows around the edges, under the fitted sheet. So it created a "bumper" so to speak. And for now, the mattress will be on the box spring and even when we get the new bed frame delivered, we won't have them put it together right away. Brian agreed to wait until we're all (mainly me) ready to actually give her the new bed. Afterall, it is a bit higher than just a box spring and mattress, so I'm not ready for that! She will get a new dresser and some new sheets for fun though! And as for the crib...well Mackenzie looked at it a bit funny when we took it apart, but we're keeping it apart for now, so she hopefully doesnt understand that it's going to little brother. And when I told her to put her binkies away this morning, she went to her room, looked at the bed, looked at me and I could tell she was thinking "where's my crib?" Anyway, so we'll see...overall, Night#1 was a success. We'll see how naps and Night#2 go!
And not only did Mackenzie get something new last night, mommy and daddy did too! I've been wanting a good family photo, to hang on the wall, for awhile now. Well, after we had those recent family photos done, we picked one and ordered a canvas wrap! It looks great, but I'm not sure I like myself blown up anymore than I already am, ha! Anyway, it's a nice change to have something different on the wall!
Well, this got a little long, but as I always say...it's just my way of jotting things down, so I can look back! Hope you're all having a good week and "trying" to stay cool!


1 comment:
You look adorable!! And way to go, Mackenzie!! I am so not ready for that transition yet... I'm sure it's harder on us than on them. :)
Post a Comment