Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Less than 2months?

Just the other day, I realized Colin will be here in less than 2months. Where has time gone? When I was pregnant, with Mackenzie, I didn't think the days could go any slower. This time around, I keep thinking, if it weren't for being pregnant (ha) I wish time would slow down. I'm definitely getting sluggish and uncomfortable, especially with these 100 degree temps, but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up time with just Mackenzie and I. Sure, I have days where 6pm seems like it will never be here, but at the same time, it will never be just my little girl and I. I know we will have days when just the two of us can go do something together, but it won't be the same. She is and always will be my first baby. Everyone tells me you will love your kids equally, and I'm sure I will, but for now, this is all I know. I can't wait to meet the little guy and I can't wait to see how similar or different the two will be, but in the meantime, I'm going to try really hard to just enjoy my last few weeks with just Mackenzie.

On that note...I haven't posted what she's been up to lately...

At 16.5months:
  • A typical day consists of waking up around 630am, eating cereal with daddy, watching some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, taking a morning nap anywhere from 9-11am, then comes lunch playdates or running errands with mommy, a little more playtime or watching a video, then afternoon nap around 3-4pm, then usually some outdoor time till daddy gets home, dinner, some more play time with daddy, and to bed around 8pm.
  • Mackenzie's vocabulary currently includes: momma, dadda, dog, book, "vivi= video", baby, byebye...simple words as such.
  • Mackenzie still signs more, drink, eat, please, thank you, etc. She also just recently learned to hold up one finger when we ask how old she is.
  • Mackenzie can point to her belly button, mouth, and ears. Not quite sure why she doesnt get nose and eyes yet. Eventually...
  • Mackenzie loves to give kisses, especially to Khalua. She can blow kisses now too!
  • Mackenzie recently learned to eat with a fork, sometimes a spoon.
  • Mackenzie loves playing in any kind of water...sprinkler, splash pad, the pool....
  • Mackenzie still loves anything outdoors
  • Mackenzie still isnt a big eater, but loves her chicken nuggets, fruit, crackers, cookies, juice and strawberry milk.
  • Mackenzie is wearing size 12-18m shirts and 12m bottoms. She is still in a size 3 shoe and size 2 diaper! Our little girl is little, thats for sure!
  • Mackenzie loves to be mommy's little helper...and I hope it lasts! She loves to open/close doors, put things back, help with laundry, watering flowers, and other small hosuehold duties. Hope she likes to grab diapers too!
  • Mackenzie loves watching Baby Einstein videos and Sesame Street episodes via YouTube.
  • Mackenzie loves figuring toys out. She doesnt just play, she has to figure out exactly how they work. Just like her daddy.
Overall, shes growing up into a little girl. These milestones may not mean a lot to us right now, but someday, we'll look back and have fun reading them. For now, we're just enjoying our little girl. She's pretty awesome, in our minds.

No comments: