Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Like father, like daughter...

This past week Mackenzie has been acting a little unlike herself and I had chalked it all up to a growth spurt. She wasn't sleeping as well as she had been at night, she began eating more often but for a shorter duration, she was spitting up all the time, and she just cried like she was in pain. So finally, after talking to a friend and spending lots of time googling, I came to the conclusion that she may have acid reflux. We went to the pediatrican, yesterday, and sure enough, she does! So the doctor has prescribed her Axid (very similar to Zantac). The doctor said most babies have acid reflux to a certain degree because their stomachs are still immature, but her case seemed severe enough for medication. Poor little girl...I wish I would have thought about that possibility sooner than I did! Hopefully the medicine works in a day or two and she will start feeling better and we'll have our happy baby back! And hopefully she'll outgrow it and not have to deal with it like her daddy does. Might just mean daddy will have to hold her more since he knows how uncomfortable it can be.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Welcome to the Reflux club! Hopefully after a day or two of meds, you'll start to see the happy baby again. We still have definite moments where Keaton is still in pain, but we've come a long way after the meds are involved. I hope she feels better soon!!

-Ashley