Mackenzie turned 6wks old today! Time is flying. Don't know if you all know, but Brian and I made the decision for me to stay home instead of going back to work. I'm very excited and feel very fortunate to have this opportunity. I was just thinking, this morning, that if I went back to work I would only have had 4wks left with her. I can't imagine leaving her!
This has been a rough week. She hasn't been taking naps very well and her fussiness has been in full force. I also made the mistake of trying to transition her into her crib during naptimes, this week. It's been half and half...some naps have gone well, others not so well. Mackenzie makes so many little noises at night, we thought it might be better to finally move her into her room so we could get a bit more sleep, instead of listening to her. Some of the noises are rather funny though. Anyway, I also tried something else for the first time this week...letting her cry it out. I'm still not sure whether she's too young for this, but I really just needed a few min for a mental break today. I promised myself not to let her cry more than 10min and she amazingly stopped at 7min! Not sure how long she will stay asleep, but I'll take that as a successful first try! I don't know if I'll do this everytime, but I may have given myself a little courage for when I do decide it's time to let her cry it out everytime.
Although it's been a rough week, we've still had lots of good times. Mackenzie is starting to really watch our faces and respond by mimicking what we do. We've even gotten a little laugh out of her when we tickle her tummy. She's making progress during "tummy time." She really gets those arms and legs moving and keeps her head up well. She loves looking towards any lights and sunshine. We've also found she likes the outdoors. Brian is excited about this! Overall, her personality is coming out a little more each and every day!
Hope everyone is well and enjoying this nice weather! It's finally starting to warm up and resemble Spring like conditions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment