Sunday, January 4, 2009

My 2009 Goals (*note the word goals, not resolutions)

I don't like the word resolution. I don't know why, I just don't. Each year I've set New Years "Resolutions", I don't think I've kept to them. So this year, I'm setting New Years Goals. I don't think there's much difference in their definitions, but goals sound much better than resolutions.

So here are my 2009 Goals: (I'm not going into specifics. I know what I need to do for each, so I'll just be broad. That leaves room for any amount of improvement and I wont feel as bad if I don't meet the goal exactly to the point. Yikes, sounds like I'm setting myself up for failure already, huh?)

**not in any particular order

1. Be more patient
2. Get healthier
3. Do things because I want to, not because others want me to
4. Be less critical of others
5. Show those I care about how much they mean to me

Okay, that's enough mushy stuff...all I can do is try and hopefully that's enough to succeed!

No comments: