Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Depressing

Today I attended a 401K meeting for my work and got royally depressed. The advisor was helping people determine their risk levels and when someone blurted out "Ive only got 10yrs till retirement, guess I better be more conservative;" I thought, "crap I've got like 30+yrs till retirement." 30 some yrs? Seriously, that just sounds sooooo far away.

That also makes me think, wow Ive been working almost 3 yrs now and I dont think I've accomplished and achieved as much as I had hoped, by this time. Currently I'm contemplating studying for the GMAT, in attempts to go for a MBA. I know it would be good, but I cant seem to motivate myself to study. Plus with the economy, I'm trying to focus completely on my job; to ensure employment.

Well I guess I could sit here and dwell on it...or I could get up and do something about it. I think I'll pick somewhere in between...I'll try to dig out the Kaplan GMAT book, I bought last summer...but I'll wait till tomorrow to do so. In the meantime, I'll pray these 30+ yrs till retirement go by faster than the current state of the economy.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Good luck with that, Lilli! I completely understand the lack of motivation given the current state of economy, but you just have to think that eventually the economy will be stronger, and it will be worth it.