Tuesday, June 12, 2012

KC, 9months, and more...

This past weekend we traveled to KC to attend one of Brian's uncles' funeral. It was an unexpected passing and the funeral location was close enough for us to go, so we went on a whim. I wasn't sure how the kids would do in a hotel (some of you may or may not know, my in laws moved down here to Tulsa..so they don't have a home up in KC anymore). Anyway, the first night and part of the second was pretty rough, but by the third night, the kids did great! We made the weekend into a mini vacation! We visited the new Sea Life aquarium at Crown Center, hung out with relatives we hardly see, and just enjoyed a little "getaway" even if it was for an unfortunate occasion.

On a bigger note...our little boy turned 9 months old over the weekend! I can't believe it. And I thought the first year of Mackenzie's life went fast! Here's his 9 month update:

  • 15lbs, 7oz (still our little guy)
  • 28in (45%ile)
  • I've switched him to formula, for many reasons, but he seems to be doing okay with it
  • Eats cheerios, baby food, and bites of mommy and daddy's meals 
  • Wears 6-9mo clothing, size 2 diapers
  • Is army crawling (scooting) really well now. Boy, is he fast!
  • Sleeps thru the night, finally! (hope I didn't just jinx myself)
  • Still naps 3 times a day
  • Is very curious, doesn't love any particular toy...will play with anything!
  • Enjoys being outside and loves walks in the wagon
Overall, Colin is our happy-go-lucky boy. He's pretty laid back, only gets upset if he's hungry or tired. He loves attention from sissy and is giving her some "paybacks" for all the toy stealing and "rough housing" she's given him. We love watching the two different personalities of our babies (yes, they're still my BABIES) and we love watching the bond forming between them. We have the perfect little family, to say the least. 

I'll leave you with a few photos I snapped when we visited my in laws' KC house one last time!





No comments: