Mackenzie had her "End of the School Year" program last night. It was beyond adorable. Her class sat up on stage and sang Jesus Loves Me. I wasn't sure how Mackenzie would do since she's a creature of habit and I knew dropping her off in the evening would be confusing. But, to my surprise, she sat there nicely and just followed along. Hey, at least she didn't cry!
Mackenzie has learned so much in school. I can't tell you how many days she comes home repeating things she's learned. And I don't know how many times I find myself wondering "where did she learn that?" Well, probably at school! She can now sing her ABC's (I definitely understand and Gaga/Gpa do now too) and count from 1-7! She knows yellow and orange and can even pick out her name from a group. (Yes, I'm bragging because I'm documenting this...but more importantly, I'm so proud!) And even though Mackenzie is still very stoic and solemn at school, I do think she's getting a little more comfortable. Heck, some days she doesn't cry when I drop her off! Her teachers are so caring and sweet to her and I appreciate that more than anyone!
Fortunately (at least for mommy) this school runs during the summer, so Mackenzie won't get a summer break, in fact she will be going a third morning! We'll see how that goes. If she doesn't seem to enjoy it or we miss out on too many playdates with her other friends, I will go back to just two mornings. I have to admit, I did get a little teary eyed seeing her up on stage. What am I going to be like at Kindergarten graduation??
We're looking forward to a super long weekend! Brian's taking off a couple extra days so we'll have lots of daddy time and maybe even get in a movie date!
Have a good long weekend, everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment