Friday, January 14, 2011

PAD

I recently attended my first MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting. It's where moms drop their kids off at the nursery and go into another room and eat yummy food and socialize. First of all, this was the first time I dropped Mackenzie off with someone else and I have to admit, I'm not sure I paid much attention to the lesson of the day. I was too busy worrying about my little one. And then, sure enough, halfway through, I get a text saying Mackenzie is okay, but having a hard time. Well, I give it another 15min and went and got her. She didn't cry the whole time, she just needed to be held and walked. So what's so bad about that? Ha. I'm going to keep going to see if it gets better. It has to happen, sometime, right?? Oh, my little baby...

Anyway, the PAD today is a photo of the 3 things I took home from the MOPs meeting. At each meeting, there's a little project and this week's was learning to make homemade laundry detergent. Oh my, if you know me, you know I don't dare do these kinds of projects on my own! But I have to say, it was kinda cool! And to think you only need two tablespoons each load and one big batch lasts 2-3weeks and is only about $6? Although it all seems very enticing, I'm all about convenience, so I'll be sticking to my Tide Free and Gentle. Next item...you see the journal? Each table of women has a mentor. Well, this week, the mentor gave everyone a journal and we're suppose to write down what we are thankful for and appreciate each day. Journals intimidate me, but surely I can take a couple minutes each day, or even week, to write something positive in it, right? Okay, and the third item you see in the photo is a book. I won this as a door prize! Go me! First time there and already winning a prize! I would recommend this book to any mom. Each section contains a little devotion and then a personal note from the author. When I read her personal note, I can always relate! Each morning I read a section and just try to start my day off with a positive outlook. It really does make me take a breath and think, it's all gonna be okay! (even after a long, sleepless night!)

So, as you can see, it was a really good first MOPs meeting (besides the leaving Mackenzie part) and I hope to go back next month!

No comments: