Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How lucky Mackenzie and I are...

Today, I had a friend ask me for my opinion of being a SAHM (stay at home mom). I of course was very happy to help! I listed out some pros and cons and explained a few things and when I finished, I read over the email and noticed I had quite a few more pros than cons. And that's when I realized just how lucky I am to have the chance to be home with Mackenzie. I can't imagine sending her off early in the morning and only getting a couple hours a day with her. Don't get me wrong, I have so much more respect for working moms, now, than I ever did before, but I know this is right for me. I'm sure you all know that I'm a worry wart and I can't imagine what I would be like all day, worrying about how Mackenzie is doing. I love being able to wake up to her and not have to rush her off to daycare, I love watching Mickey Mouse with her while she dances to the music and eats some puffs, I love Skypeing with my parents for breakfast and lunch, I love watching her discover something new almost everyday, I love rocking her to sleep (when it takes less than 15min, ha!), and I love waiting at the door for daddy to come home...just to name a few. And even though Mackenzie has no idea what she's missing, by not going to daycare, I just know my little girl would rather get hugs and kisses from mommy all day, see grandma and grandpa for mealtimes, learn colors and numbers with Mickey, chase Khalua around, and most importantly wake up from naps to mommy, or even better, finishing a nap with mommy, in her bed. I just know Mackenzie loves being home with me too. Not every family gets the opportunity to do this, or not every family chooses to do so, but we are lucky we can, because it works for us.

No comments: