First, I want to say how grateful I am for my mother. Without her I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be who I am today. Cliche, yes, but it's true. I like to think my good qualities are from her and my bad ones from...well, I'm not sure, cause my dad's pretty awesome too. Anyway, thanks mom for everything you've done for me and continue to do for "us" now. I'm sorry for all the grief I gave you. I now understand how you just wanted the best for me. Like you said, mothers wear different "hats" and you definitely wore them all well. Thanks for putting up with me and loving me even when it was hard to. I hope I gave you a few smiles in those years and am looking forward to Mackenzie doing the same. I love you, mom.
I also want to thank Brian for giving me such a great mother in law. Agnes, you've definitely lived up to to the role of being another mother, to me. You welcomed me with open arms from the beginning and have always been willing to get to know me and accept me for who I am. I'm glad we have some things in common, but even if we didn't, I know we would still get along great. You've done a lot for us, as well, but I want to thank you especially for helping me get through the first few weeks of caring for Mackenzie. I am so lucky to have a mom who's expertise is babies. We look forward to many good years to come with you and Dave.
And last, but certainly not least, I can't believe I get to celebrate this holiday now! It's definitely been a whirlwind since the day we got pregnant, but I can't imagine life any other way. I'm so fortunate to have a healthy little girl. We've gone through a lot of ups and downs already, but I can't wait for all that is yet to come. I am ready for the challenges (yes, even the teenage years) and am excited for all the fun memories ahead of us. Mackenzie, I'm so thankful to be your mom. I hope I can make all your dreams come true, at least for the first 18years of your life, ha. Daddy and I love you more than you'll ever know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment