Monday, November 24, 2008

My poor babies

I had a very hard day yesterday...we had to get Boulevard a cone and Kahlua a bark collar. Yea, it was definitely the most depressing trip to Petsmart, ever.

Boulevard has had this rash on his legs for the last month or two. We finally took him to the vet and got him some antibiotic and cortizone, but he wont stop licking. So, the cone is to keep him from licking...at least when we arent home to stop him from doing so. But when we first put the cone on, yesterday, he kept running into things and would stand as if he was paralyzed. Poor guy.


And last week, we got a notice from Animal Control that we have a "habitually barking dog" and we were "disturbing the peace." Well, Kahlua is the main one that barks, and she usually only barks if something is triggering her to do so. (ie people, weird noises, other dogs) Anyway, so over the weekend we watched her and yup, sure enough she does bark when the people behind us are in their backyard. And unfortunately her bark is so loud and high pitched, its more noticeable than other dogs' barks. Which sucks, because there are other dogs barking, but Kahlua's is heard over the others. So we're putting a bark collar on her when shes out in the backyard. Our intent was that she would realize when shes out in the backyard, she shouldn't bark. However, when I came home from work tonight, she didnt make her normal rough housing noises. That made me so sad.


I hope all this gets easier, cause I cant stand to watch it much longer. And I really hope my babies dont hate us. I mean just look at how depressed Boulevard looks in this picture...


1 comment:

Taylor & Laurel Cline said...

Don't worry, we had to get our dog a bark collar as well. We got one of those sonic noise maker types. It worked quite well. After about a month we didn't need to put it on him anymore when we left the house. He just learned not to bark when we're gone. So hopefully that will be the case for you as well.