Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Two Cents

Okay, I don't know much, but I do know I'm ready for the presidential election to be over with. I'm not saying it's unimportant or that I don't care, but I'm really tired and frustrated with all us; the voters and more importantly, US citizens.

I admit, I only know the basics between the two parties, the candidates, and their platforms. However, I am firm in what I believe in, but I also keep an open mind. I'm willing to listen to others' opinions and I definitely don't think differently about a person after hearing their thoughts.

That may be how I am, but this doesn't seem to be the case for everyone. I don't understand why people have to take politics to a personal level. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. No one should be criticized, judged, or put down because of their beliefs. I have personally experienced the "are you kidding me" look and even comments such as "you seriously think that way?" or "how can you not think that's wrong?"

I just don't understand why someone could be that closed minded. As humans, we will always have different opinions and we will never agree. Differences make the world go round.

In the meantime, I'm counting down till Nov 2008...

1 comment:

J_still said...

Hello lovely couple. I am terrible! Happy Late Anniversary! I realized it's September and I missed it. Hope all is well in OK.