Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Year's Worth!

In just a couple weeks, our "little" girl will be starting Kindergarten, so I decided to reminisce a bit...and then I realized I haven't blogged in a year! So much has happened since last summer, where do I even begin?

Here is a summary of the past year as best as I can remember....

Fall/Winter 2014-
Mackenzie started PreK at Jenks Southeast
Colin started preschool at Grandpa's church, but we ended up switching him back to Kirk of the Hills





Colin turned 3yrs old and had a "Cars" themed birthday party!

Daddy's Birthday at our usual birthday dinner location- Texas Roadhouse

Fall/Halloween Activities



Fall Family Photos




Thanksgiving in Topeka

Christmas
(Mackenzie still LOVES all things Rudolph and no tears from both kids for the Santa pic!)


Winter/Spring 2015-

Mackenzie turned 5yrs old and had an "art" themed party

Easter 



Summer 2015-
Father's Day

Summer fun at Gaga and Grandpa's

Tulsa Drillers Game

Most summer days have been spent at the pool

Brian and I took a long weekend trip with friends to Austin

"Pops" near OKC

"Kiddie Park" in Bartlesville, OK

Tulsa Roughnecks Game (soccer)

Summer Trip to Topeka

A few other Spring/Summer 2015 pictures-




In between all the "main events" we had many ups and downs. We've had tough days and fun ones, we've laughed, cried, and hugged. Brian has continued to work so hard to provide for us, even when he just needs a break. He's gotten back into cycling and has been enjoying some time to exercise and clear his mind before/after long days at work. 

School was hard at times, for Mackenzie, but we're so proud of how much she's grown. She's still very shy and timid, but she's learning to come out of her shell a tiny bit. Mackenzie took piano lessons and tried soccer this past year. She's very determined, still loves projects (art and LEGOS), loves playing outside (especially swimming now), and is really starting to be a young girl. 

Colin is definitely still "all boy." He's always got a smile on his face, yet he knows exactly when you need a hug. He loves to make everyone laugh and is a goofy kid. Colin took swimming lessons all year round and loved it. He's definitely in his "toddler" stage, as he's grown a little afraid of the dark and "scary" things so we're hoping this next year he gets over that. Overall, he loves playing outside (riding his "big boy" bike and kicking a ball around), still loves his hot wheels and monster trucks, and definitely doing whatever sissy is. 

As another school year is about to start, I sit here and realize my favorite quote is ever so true-
"The days are long, but the years are short."
I can't believe we have a Kindergartener and last year of Preschooler. Every year, I have new dreams and goals for us, and as some come true, others don't quite get accomplished and that's okay. Every so often I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy this time- as they all say,
 they won't stay little forever....

Cheers to another school year!








No comments: