Friday, March 9, 2012

Tidbits

I've been busy taking care of a sick little girl (yes, again...darn school germs!), doing a couple photo sessions (www.lilliophotography.com/blog), and almost missing my little guy's 6month birthday!

Colin- can't believe he's half a year old! I have to admit, his first 6 months went much faster than Mackenzie's. And to be honest, he doesnt have a schedule...a routine, yes...a schedule, no. He is such a good boy. For the most part, he lets me put him on the back burner for his high maintenance sissy (oops, did I say that outloud? she's really not gonna like me when she reads this 15 years from now), he sleeps whenever/wherever, he takes a bottle now (that, in itself, is an accomplishment for this mommy!), I don't have to trick him (too much) to eat baby food, he's happy just laying around being smiled at, and most importantly, he just goes along with the flow. He's your typical male...he doesn't get mad easily, but when he does, you better watch out!

The facts:
  • wears size 6mo clothes
  • just switched to size 2 diapers
  • eats basic baby food (veggies, fruits, oatmeal, etc...didnt even attempt to make baby food this time!)
  • nurses every 3-4hours during the day, with a little formula a couple times a day
  • naps every 2-3hrs for about an hour
  • just started putting him in his crib at 8pm (he had been napping till 10pm downstairs with us). sleeps about 3-4hrs at night, occasionally 5-6hrs
  • loves his jumper, acts like a little monkey on his playmat (grabs things and tries to hang onto them or pull them down) chews on anything, loves people making faces at him (especially sissy), loves being tickled
  • starting to sit up a bit (i.e. we place him in a spot and he sits about 5-10seconds before toppling over)
I'll leave you with a couple "day in the life of" pics...




No comments: