Thursday, May 19, 2011

Such is Life

I always seem to post about Mackenzie and everything usually seems all happy go lucky, but don't get me wrong...we all have bad days (or weeks). And I am having one of those. No, I'm not posting this to complain, I'm posting this so I can look back, 16yrs from now (when I'm worrying about my daughter being out late) and think, man, that was my only stress? And on a more serious note, sometimes, when we're stressed and think we have the most horrible day, we need to step back and remind ourselves that it's really not that bad. I think I've said this before, but someone else probably wishes they could be in my shoes. I find this a common trend among my girlfriends (that have kids)...you just go in and out of these phases. The kids are so sweet one week and the next week you think you have another kid. And sometimes we get so stressed and worked up about it, we forget they really are just human. I will be the first to admit that I'm a control freak. Having a kid has "loosened" me up a bit, but I am still working on learning to "let things go" and be happy with the amazing life I do have.

So what's been stressing me out? Well first, our trip to Dallas was a lot of fun, but since we've been back Mackenzie has not slept well and just hasn't been herself. And I blame myself. The trip was mainly for me...a little getaway for mommy. And I feel bad for taking her off routine. I know we can't go on with life not doing anything just because we have kids, but I do feel like it's my fault she's lacking sleep and a little fussy. She's also got a molar coming in and I'm sure she's just having one of those weeks too, but I can't help but think the trip was the main factor. Here's to hoping things get better in that department soon!

Secondly, our fridge quit working a day before we left for Dallas. We couldn't get a repair man to look at it till Tuesday and we ended up having to buy a new fridge anyway. If it were just Brian and I, it wouldn't be as bad. But keeping milk and some fruit in a cooler for little Mackenzie is getting a little old. Good thing the fridge comes today!

And finally, I'm still a little unsure how I'm going to care for two little ones. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and my hormones are out of whack, but I really hope I can pull it together. I want to be the best mom...i.e. patient, loving, caring, and most importantly, a good role model. I'm just hoping to keep them fed and rested, honestly! I know it will all come together and as Brian reminds me "so many other women do it," but I can't help but wonder, when is my SuperMom cape going to arrive? With that being said, we need to get a move on it with Colin's room! Still not sure how/when we're going to transition Mackenzie into a new bed, but I guess like everything, that will come together too.

See, my stress isn't that bad, right? There are far worse things in life, I know. In the meantime, it feels good to get it out there, take a deep breath, and go get my little girl who I hear is awake in her crib. I'm going to give her a hug and kiss and know that "this too will pass...."

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It will pass, girl. It will. You are ahead of the game in so many ways, though! I am sure every Mom who has a kid and is pregnant with another goes through that panic moment at one point... probably more... like, "Am I going to be able to do this?" And you totally will. Things will fall into place. As my husband kindly reminds me now and again, "Don't worry about things that you can't control." That is easier said than done, but still- take time to enjoy your little lady now, before the little man comes along! Someday you won't even remember what life was like without both of them. :) You are doing great!! And I think the SuperMom capes may be on backorder. ;)