This may be my last chance to blog before the crazy weekend starts. That's right, crazy weekend. Why will it be crazy?? Because my little girl is turning one! Let me clarify...it will be a crazy, but good weekend!
I've got a neverending list of things to do, but I can only do certain things on certain days. (ie pick up balloons the day of, pick up some groceries the day before, get ice the day of). For all of you that know me well, I love this kind of stuff. I love planning and organizing parties and events. But wait, that's not what this crazy weekend is really about...
Afterall, my little girl is turning one! A year ago, Mackenzie changed our lives forever. Who would've guessed everyone would be right...you really cant imagine life without your kids. It's like she's been here forever. I will admit, it hasn't been the easiest year, but it's been a fast year. Lots of sleepless nights, lots of "what the heck do I do nows?", lots of smiles and giggles, lots of trial and errors, but most of all, lots of love.
I always liked kids, but having my own changed my perspective of this. You really do just have an unconditional love for your own. You learn so much about them, but in my opinion, more about yourself. I never thought I could have so much patience (most of the time, ha), I never knew I could actually be flexible (some of the time, ha), I never thought I could feel so helpless and then like a superhero in less than a minute. If the first year of her life has been such a rollercoaster of emotions, I cant imagine what lies ahead. I'm ready for the new challenges and memories that are yet to come!
So here's to an amazing first year and an even better second year, Mackenzie. Mommy and Daddy love you more than you'll ever know. And even when you "hate me" in high school, I'll still love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment