Friday, February 13, 2009

Too Close...

Well, the downturn of the economy is now a little too close for comfort. Today, there were a bunch of unexpected layoffs at my work. It shocked most of us. Just a couple months ago we were told that our company would most likely slow down, but would probably avoid layoffs, as we have a lot of temps. Today's news was not surprising considering the current state of the economy, but still, it never really hits you, until it hits your department. Which it did.

I guess all I can do now is hope there isnt a round two; at least not anytime soon. In the meantime, I'll be working my a** off to keep my job.

It's sad things like this happen before I realize how good I have it. Who cares if I don't get a bonus, who cares if I have to dress up, who cares if the company doesn't have big parties...at least I have a job; seriously, at least I have a job.

No comments: